Queuing at busy check – in counters is now a thing of the past, thanks to our online “self check – in” system.
Other benefits of using our online self check – in system apart from saving time normally spent in the queue include the opportunity to choose your own seat, peace of mind knowing that you have been accepted on the flight even before you leave for the airport and being in full control of your journey.
Instead of waiting till you are the airport – if you are in possession of an electronic ticket bought online or through a ticketing agent – all you have to do is go straight to our online “self check – in” facility on our website, and check yourself in from the convenience of your own home or office.
The following are the basic and easy steps you need to follow to have the pleasant experience of checking yourself in.
How it works:
1. Identify yourself using one of the three options you prefer, comprising either:
- Your e-ticket number, the number starting with 186 on your e-ticket receipt, representing the three digit numeric code for Air Namibia.
- Your family name and flight details
- The number of the credit card with which your e-ticket was purchased, then click on “continue”After a successful passenger identification session, your flight details will be displayed, click “continue” and follow instructions and guidance provided by the system.
2. Pick a Seat
- At the relevant stage through the check-in process, the system will assign you a seat number, which you may change by clicking on the “change” button. A seat map will show you your current seat as well as other seats available to choose from should you want to change. After selecting the new seat, click continue and you will now see a PDF version of your boarding pass on the screen, which you can print your own printer at home. Should you experience problems printing your boarding pass, please contact your nearest contact office.
The system opens for online “self check-in” 24 hours before departure of each flight, and closes 3 hours before the scheduled flight departure time.
At the airport
When you arrive at the airport and have only hand luggage, Proceed directly through Immigration and Security Control to the boarding gate with your printed boarding pass and passport. If you have luggage which needs to be checked in, you don’t have to wait in a queue- go to the designated Air Namibia Baggage Drop off counter for self check-in passenger, drop your luggage there and proceed to your boarding gate.